SUNUP - Feb. 26, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Kelly Seuhs, OSU Extension alfalfa specialist, offers guidance on scouting and treating alfalfa weevils.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, talks about liquidation strategies to consider should drought conditions continue.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural data specialist, analyzes recent and historical soil temperatures during times of extreme cold. Gary McManus, state climatologist, says the latest drought monitor shows slight improvement.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses how the Russian invasion of Ukraine will impact crop prices. He also looks at the current market for Oklahoma crops.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, answers the question: “What is the value of a good bull?”
- Darren Scott, OSU food scientist, has an overview of the sous vide food trend.
- Chris Richards, field research and service unit director, invites viewers to spring field days at OSU Ag Research stations.